PARS 6x6 SCOUT
The new member of the PARS family, the PARS 6x6 SCOUT, takes its name from the silent, agile and predatory leopard that once roamed Anatolia. This special purpose tactical wheeled vehicle is equipped with modern technologies that provide strategic advantages to its user, including a high situational awareness feature that is designed especially for reconnaissance and internal security operations.
The PARS 6X6 SCOUT has a power-to-weight ratio of 25-30 Hp/ton, driven by a diesel engine. The PARS 6X6 SCOUT Powerpack consists of a diesel engine, coupled with a fully automatic transmission which generates a maximum road speed of up to 100 km/h and is capable of maneuvering on 60% vertical and 30% horizontal gradients, climbing 60 cm-high obstacles and crossing 120 cm-wide trenches. Thanks to the engine layout and favored balanced design, the vehicle’s axle loads are almost equal. This design approach provides the vehicle with the ability to move comfortably even over loose and soft terrain, while also providing increased road-holding at high speeds and short braking distances. The vehicle has 6X6 and 6X4 driving characteristics, and all of its axles can be locked when necessary. The central tire inflation system allows the driver to adjust tire pressures to suit different terrains, and the independent height-adjustable hydro-pneumatic suspension system provides the best road holding for different road conditions.
PARS 6X6 SCOUT is fully amphibious. Two water jets mounted on either side of the hull allow for a speed of up to 8km/h in the water.
The two-man cab at the front of the vehicle is protected by transparent armor (ballistic glass), and provides a 230° horizontal field of vision, high driving safety, situational awareness and comfort.
The vehicle’s large transparent armor (ballistic glass), and its front and rear day and night cameras give the driver and commander a wide field of vision. Inside the vehicle, its door covers, personnel seats, infantry rifle holders and interior lighting elements are designed to provide comfort to the vehicle personnel.
The PARS 6X6 SCOUT has a range of over 600 km, and its fuel tanks are incorporated with special protective measures against explosion and puncture. The vehicle is fitted with run-flat tires and has a self-recovery winch.
The PARS 6X6 SCOUT hull can be brought to the level of protection required by the user thanks to its modular designed armor system. The hull form, underbelly structure, base plates and specially developed mine-resistant seats are designed to protect personnel against high-level mine threats.
The modular connection of the vehicle subsystems to its mine-resistant hull ensures ease of maintenance and replacement, and it is this ease of maintenance, replacement of moving parts and power transmission systems in particular that makes it superior to its counterparts.
Mission specific features
- Outstanding Mobility; Balanced Driving Capability Under All Road and Terrain Conditions
- Balanced Driving at High Speeds on Straight Roads and Low Risk of Skidding on Bends
- Low Risk of Getting Stuck In Sand or Mud While Entering Water
- Balanced Floating Performance
- High Situational Awareness with Transparent Armor (Ballistic Glass)
- Ability to Make Joint Observations During Reconnaissance as a Result of the Side-By-Side Positioning of the Driver And Commander
- Ability to Communicate with the Commander without the Need of an Internal Communication System
- Opportunity for Immediate Interventions by the Commander in Case of Critical Situations During Movement
- Air-Conditioned Environment with a Wide Field of Vision Eases Use in Hot Climatic Conditions
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Central Tire Inflation (CTI) and Run Flat Tire Inserts
- Self-Recovery Winch
- Integrated Survivability Suite
- Hydro-Pneumatic Suspension System with Ride Heihgt Control